A 2’x2′ walnut tray for use on our living room upholstered ottoman. Ended up ripping a 1″ thick plank in half to make the slats. Super happy with the result! Unfortunately I didn’t snap a photo of the fixture used to glue the herringbone itself (it involved lots of clamps).
Update: So v1 warped like crazy… our low humidity probably didn’t help, but I should probably do some more reading on construction tech.
Instrumentation and control upgrades! 2 new digital counters, a more sensitive He3 tube/trigger, and power supply remote control (enabling holding a set grid current). Also whipped up a JavaFX app with a corresponding Arduino program.
Side bar, Arduino’s Wire (I2C) library is a mess. I started work on a replacement wire lib that operates on a user-provided buffer. I haven’t gotten around to tackling a replacement for AVR which turned out to be even more of a mess, so SAM support only for the time being.
Finally activated a sheet of silver (7x background)! This update also includes removal of the ceramic plasma limiting beads, the addition of plasma and x-ray viewport shielding, and low and high cross-section 2″ grids. Unfortunately both grids proved too hard to accurately control due to avalanche breakdown. I’m thinking a 1.5″ maybe the sweet spot…
Long overdue post on the progress made on my fifth fusor buildout. Notable upgrades include a 6″ spherical chamber, 60kV 20mA supply, redesigned neutron oven, and borated HDPE and lead shadow-cone shield.